Boat Guy Book Corner

Seafox
  I believe a Professional Reading section is in order here on the warboats.org Forum

 Pass on learned knowledge found in Books and articles.

 Please post Title and Author and if or not still in print. Why you like it.

Please only post relating To Combatant Craft and Maritime Special Operations.
Everybody welcome to send in their favorites
.............and even discuss them

Re: Boat Guy Book Corner

Seafox
 Title: At Close Quarters: Pt Boats in the United States Navy

By Captain Robert J. Buclkey

Guys this is the BIBLE of all the PT boat Books out there.
 It covers every PT Boat Squadrons Unit History in WWII
it also list every PT boat. Losses, Casualties,
Awards and Citations

You want to find out The link between PT boats and SWCC
this is the book to read.

Look for it on Amazon.com

Re: Boat Guy Book Corner

Seafox
Title: The SEAWOLF : A Biography of John D. Bulkeley USN

By William  B. Breuer

 John Bulkeley The PT Boat Squadron Commander that helped Gen Mc Arthur escape the P.I.
He won the Medal of Honor in his PT boats fighting  delaying actions in the P.I.

All This is great reading.... But for SWCC and their ROOTs is his  commanding PT  Squadron 2 (2)
a 3 boat unit attached to the OSS in 1944 inserting and extracting agents off the coast of Occupied France
before the D-day invasion.

Re: Boat Guy Book Corner

Seafox
Title: War in the Islands

author: Adrian Seligman

Maritime Covert Ops in the Aegean  1942-1944
 recalled by the men of  Levant Schooner Floatilla, SBS, Greek Sacred Squadron

This is a great read for those who study indiginous craft operations in wartime.

Re: Boat Guy Book Corner

Seafox
Title: Brown Water Black Berets

author: Thomas J. Cutler

A Great History..with many Oral Histories included of
The Brown Water Navy war in VietNam

Re: Boat Guy Book Corner

Jim Thomas
Have a copy of the above book.will pass it on to any one wanting to read it.Contact me thru warboats.org.

Re: Boat Guy Book Corner

Seafox
Title: Secret Flotillas Vol. 1 and 2

By Brooks Richards

Clandestine Sea Operations in WWII in Europe , and Med and Adriatic
professionals only will read these because they are damn expensive Books about $160 a a Volume.
However Written by British SOE agent who rode the boats
This is a labor of love  for he used declassified SOE Missions ALL of THEM!!!!!
Lists them all what boats used, mission, successful or failure even charts

Like I said before  designed for Professionals.

Re: Boat Guy Book Corner

Scott Cruse
would love to read this book as I spent 5 yrs with Harbor Patrol/SBU-26 in Panama.
My contact is:

Scott Cruse BM1{SW} ret
7 Peoples Court
Martinsburg,WV 25405
304-264-8514

Re: Boat Guy Book Corner

Seafox
another expensive book but must for the serious