CCM MK1 Proposal Out again

Seafox
USSOCCOM is once again looking again for a CCM replacement boat for the NSW Special Boat Teams.

If This project flies the Boatguys should have them by 2015

Re: CCM MK1 Proposal Out again - BIG Boat!

Boudreaux
There is language in the Senate Defense Authorization bill that makes me think this time around they must get a replacement; noffail mission.  This boat is no longer C-130 transportable or air droppable at all.  Much bigger boat.  Looks to be inbetween the Mk5 and NSWRIB.

Re: CCM MK1 Proposal Out again - BIG Boat!

Delta Six
40 ft Max I'd say, if they want to plan for a prime mover along for the ride. Since Dets are usually 2 boats, one prime mover and a pallet that would require 2 C-130's. If the boat is much bigger, they will have to hire a third c-130 for the prime mover and associated goodies.

Re: CCM MK1 Proposal Out again - BIG Boat!

Seafox
I Think really...The big questions are

is this boat replacing both the 11meter SOC RHIB and the MKV SOC???

If Replacing the 11meter SOC RHIB what happens to the parachute capability of the SBTs???

Will the CCM have the Range of the MKVSOC?

Re: CCM MK1 Proposal Out again - BIG Boat!

Delta Six
Remember that thread on an all purpose boat we had here a few months ago? Well, unless the come up with some serious innovations, your point bears acknowledgement that one boat cant do everything.