Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Cutter

Chuck Hill
This vessel may be a little large for "Warboats", but we are having a discussion of the proposed new cutter here:

http://www.cgblog.org/2010/01/04/design-an-offshore-patrol-cutter-today/#disqus_thread

Comments welcome.

Re: Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Cutter

leesea
Yes OPC is a little out of our league, but the boats that go on it, and the way they are launched have been kicked around some.   You want to add something about the Coast Guard's LRI, or OTH RHIB or any other small boat, pls do.
LCDR SWO MTS all retd now PBR-FVA VP

Re: Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Cutter

Chuck Hill
The only info I have on the new boats is from here:

http://www.uscg.mil/acquisition/boats/features.asp

Re: Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Cutter

leesea
Yes Chuck that is the latest I have seen also.  To be honest until a design emerges I don't think we will see more.
LCDR SWO MTS all retd now PBR-FVA VP