Combatant Craft Medium - Canceled

Boudreaux

Re: Combatant Craft Medium - Canceled

leesea
B  where did you hear about CANX?   Wasn't SOCOM going after two different size craft?  Any details would be appreciated.
LCDR SWO MTS all retd now PBR-FVA VP

Re: Combatant Craft Medium - Canceled

leesea
belay my last,  I scrolled down on the left to see last ammendment.
But I thought there was another boat too?
LCDR SWO MTS all retd now PBR-FVA VP

Re: Combatant Craft Medium - Canceled

Seafox
Got to be more to the story.................

Re: Combatant Craft Medium - Canceled

Delta Six
I agree Jim. There is something more. Consider this.....

NECC is getting the RCB in it's inventory. The SWCM appears to be out. Hmmmm. Maybe SWCC will not be the Navy's premier Pirate Hunting Force after all. The RCB appears to be about the size of, shall we say, a SWCM? Good on the NECC! SHame on SPECWAR if they let this one go. If this in fact, is what has happened.

Re: Combatant Craft Medium - Canceled

Seafox
Leesea, I don't agree on this one. NSW  and NECC is apples and oranges and two different Pots of money for funding for boats. and SWCC ..as much as I think they would be best at  hunting down Pirates are Officially not involved in hunting pirates.

Nope.. there's a different story.. somewhere USSOCCOM canciled the project for some reason. maybe to fund another big ticket item.

Time will tell.

Re: Combatant Craft Medium - Canceled

Seafox
 From my undisclosed sources.... The CCM was canciled becuase it was begining to cost like Battlestar Gallatica and The Admr canexed it.

  JUst read an article on Military.com Concerning where the Navy is going with the Somali Pirate issue. Basically, the Navy will not commit long term so, they are exploring options.  This could be a point that killed the CCM.  As Seafox stated. If the CCM cost a buttload, why spend it on a mission that will be discontinued

Re: Combatant Craft Medium - Canceled

Seafox
USSOCOM Pays for SWCC Boats... Navy don't have no say in it. ....Piracy not the issue.
The CCM was suppost to be the replacement boat for the 11meter SOCRHIB

Re: Combatant Craft Medium - Canceled

Delta Six
 Well that settles that? Wonder what the capabilities of the boat would have been? Is 33Ft a Medium? I remember the MKIII/IV PB was considered a SWCM at 65/68'.