Quantcast

How big is your boat?~~

leesea
Let me run this up the flagpole and see how it gets shot at~

From reading a presentation by OPNAV N851 and seeing some other comments by naval officials, it would appear to me that the Navy is not buying RHIBs over 11 meters in length?  I know the RCB, FP-C and CCM are/will probably be bigger.  BUT what is magic about 11 meters?  Is a longer boat needed?

The other part of my question is how the Navy goes about launching and recovering boats especially all the various Navy Standard RHIBs.  I wonder what the group's experience/opinion is about L&R of boats.

On Francis Marion we had 24 boats.  We launched the big LCMs by swinging boom but we launched the 12 LCVPs by Welin davit.  I am of the opionion that davtis work better and are quicker i.e. you can put more than one boat in the water quicker.

Any thoughts on boat size (limitations) and L&R gear?
LCDR SWO MTS all retd now PBR-FVA VP

Re: How big is your boat?~~

Delta Six
11 meters will fit in any cargo planes the USAF currently has in inventory. Again, mobility is the key to getting anywhere one wants to go.