NECC now with the Coastal Riverine Forces

NECC now with the Coastal Riverine Forces

Seafox
Seems another re-organization in NECC

Coastal Riverine Squadrons  is this new names for old Units??
Bold new Mission concepts?

We do know they will get the NEW PBMKVI patrol boat by SAFE BOATS. a 35million dollar contract for 5 Boats.
How will they be used?

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

leesea
yes another go-round mixing riverine and coastal units, will the USN never learn?

IRT to the new Mk VI PB, I call it the "Super Swift"  because that is what it is like.   It's  a big PB with better weapons and more room for a VBSS team than on the original Swifts.  It is meant to operate in hihger sea conditions which is good.  But in the end it mission is mainly expanded force protection for amphibs with a little ship boarding added.

At $6 mil per boat it is a "little" more than our old Mk 1 and 2 PBRs?~~

Notice that the Mk V SOC is not mentioned in the prerel or the pdf since that is an NSW boat.
LCDR SWO MTS all retd now PBR-FVA VP

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

Seafox

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

Seafox
 Riverines working in P.I. with  NSW Phillppine units.

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

Seafox
Riverine MTT In P.I.

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

Seafox

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

Seafox
 In Iraq

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

Seafox

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

Seafox

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

Seafox

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

Seafox

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

Seafox

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

Seafox

Re: NECC reorganizes to Coastal Riverine Forces & MkVI PB notes

Delta Six
  SBU-26 did a fair job operating as a mixed unit. Ten again, those were different times and the funding came from a source outside of SOCOM or the USN for Riverine operations at the time.
  I think I get what LEESEA means though. It's easier for the Fleet to wrap it's head around Coastal ops but not Riverine ops. In fact, If you look at the old SBU set up, the Riverine units 11 and 22 were Reserve Units. The only active ones for years was 26 and it predeccesor, HPU/CCD.