Quantcast

Nigerian Pirates

12

Nigerian Pirates

Seafox
They are deadly and kill more than Somali Pirates

Re: Nigerian Pirates

DeltaSix
  Are these guys Pirates, or are they Revolutionaries? Although thier tactics may be the same, I beleive that the strategy is different. These Nigerians have a cause, The Somalis have are just in it for the cash. Which is easier to deal with, I couldn't say. However, if the U.S., Europe and Asia continue to drill for oil in places with dubious governments, should the Nigerian issue be expected? Obviously, the Nigerian govt troops are effective only to a point. This is a political issue with these guys. Only political negotiations will be satisfactory to them. Unlike Somalia, where only cash or death will make them stop thier business. For the Somalis, cash only encourages them, I'm afraid. They have the upper hand due to lack of political will from anyone to squash this business with them ashore. In NIgeria, with it's oil. Getting involved would simply provide fodder for the, how shall I say, Bluer elements in the world to cry foul because it would appear the interest is oil.
  Perhaps in both cases, this is where the private contractor could play a role. Not hired by govts per say, but by shipping and oil companies. Obviously, at this point, neither are motivated to use contractors to protect thier assets because why pay them when they assume that govt tax dollars will pay for thier protection. Either way. These companies thusfar see no need to spend thier funds on protecting themselves. Sound business decision I would say.

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox
D6, Your correct they do have a cuase, But their waterborne tactics are piratical, Capture and a Ransome, and companies are paying the ransomes.
The games of Govt and Companies are always being played. but its the seamn/oil worker that suffers.

Interesting enough USN Expeditionary Forces have I.D. Nigeria as a possble upcomng A.O.

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox
Nigerian Navy Buy Israeli Shaldag FPBs to fight Piratess'

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox
 Brit Royal Marines training Nigerians on their new RIBs #1

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox
Photo 2

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox
Nigerians recieving French Manta PBs

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox

Nigerian whalers

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox
USMC teaching Nigerians Now

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox

Israeli Made Shaldag PB

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox

ZU 23mm guns

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox

ZU 23mm guns

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox

French built Manta PB (this one unarmed)

Re: Nigerian Pirates

Seafox

Nigerian Navy Growing fast

Re: Nigerian Pirates