PT-695 PT boat Joe

Ed

PT-695 PT boat Joe

Ed
Hi,  I am looking for anyone with information on Vosper PT-695 also known as PT-Boat Joe.
We are currently restoring Vosper PT-724 and would be interested in recovering PT-695 if she still exists.

Ed. Patrick
Liberty Air Museum
Port Clinton, Ohio

Re: PT-695 PT boat Joe

Chip Marshall
Unfortunately PT-695 was broken up a more than a couple of years ago at Rio Vista, CA.  I had been aboard several years before and noticed that the 1/4" armor plate and Vosper glove box (I guess that is the proper nautical term) were still in place.  In addition, there were fixtures and mill work below that were original or salvaged from the wreck of PT-694 (we young'uns know it as PT-73).  On a more recent visit to Rio Vista it look like the place had been cleaned out.  If someone knows the owner of PTF-26 Liberty, he might know if anything was salvaged from PT-695.

Re: PT-695 PT boat Joe

Thomas Stanek
Sir are you accepting any volunteers to work on the PT-724 this year (2012)
 If so I can donate some time this year
 Thank You
 Tom