REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

12

REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Seafox
 Feb 1964 Boat Support Unit ONE commissioned under Naval Special Warfare Group ONE
  it Has developed over the years into Special Boat TEAMS of today!!

IN FEB 2014 That will be 50 YEARS FIFTY of Continuous service to NAVAL SPECIAL WARFARE!!!!!!!

I Propose a 50 YEAR REUNION for the Boatguys of NSW In SAN DIEGO......

That gives us 2 1/2 years to get it together.

The SEAL TEAM will Have their 50 year reunion next year 2012.
Why should us Boatguys not  have a Boatguy Reunion.????

Now.. We have time... to discuss what we want to do... Butt Heads what ever
Get the word out..Plan Organize and I tell it will take more than just one man to organize it.
Lets talk it out right here on this forum right here.

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Jim Thomas
  Outstanding, Let go for it. We can do it by working together!!!!!

 Need correction to E mail address from the Boat Guys so can update Master List, if no email will need snail mail address for this.   If you haven't filled out a survey form, please do so. Hope this is a start for you.

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Seafox
 Location for 50 yr Reunion

San Diego

any other suggested locations??

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Tom Schmidt
I would be more than happy to help, I live in San Diego just let me know what I can do.

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Jim Thomas
Have been hoping for a larger response for this Reunion,come on Boat Guys Let do this at lease one time.

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Scott Cruse
I would love to come to it and if you need help let me know. You can contact me at cruisen2@hotmail.com

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Tom Schmidt
forgot to leave contact info  tomschmidt2010@yahh.com

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Tom Schmidt
tomschmidt2010@yahoo.com

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Jim Thomas
Will this be another Flash in the Pan?? Each day that goes by is a day lost in planning  or seeing what is needed to get a start,2014 isn't far off!

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Seafox
I'm hearing a Gamewarden Chapter wants to be part of this how do you feel about it??

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Jim Thomas
The way I understanding it is that we can join Gamewardens and have our own Chapter with in Gamewarden.  We would have full voting rights, They hold Reunions around the USA,this would allow us to go to which one that may be close to home!  Think about it, we can keep our history going.

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Jim Thomas
Two Months has went by,No new post nor comments. Will we have a Fifty Year Reunion or not.

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

leesea
Jim you heard anything from Gamewardens?  I have some email addresses you could use.
LCDR SWO MTS all retd now PBR-FVA VP

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Jim Thomas
Lee,If they are interested all they have to do is type in Gamewardens and check the website out.Word has been put out,can't force them to join. I have told we can have our own Chapter with in them. This would help us to do so as they already are an ASSC and we would benfit from it.

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Huts92
Outstanding idea. we need and must involve the SBT's and allow the younger operators a face to face with the guys that paved the way. I'm willing to bet SBT-12 would help in any way.

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Jim Thomas
This reunion is for all Of the Boat Guys !! From the the start of 1964 to the Present Days Boat Guys,need  all of you.

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Jim Thomas
OK Boat Guys Old and The Youngest.   We have Appox 18 months to get this up and Running.    San Diego would be the Best Place to Hold it. Need Boat Guys to help with setting up the Place,list of Hotels that will be willing to help on the best rates and meals for a large group. Places to see Such as the SBU area and Crafts, How to get on NAB with Securey being tight.

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Seafox
 April 30 2012 ...I have been talking with many of the Boatguys  that I know..and theres a bunch

Here's what I hear...

 Lets have the 50year Reunion  in SanDiego....

 They want independence not commitment... which means
 No blocking hotel rooms.."were big boys we can make room Reservations ourselves"

 Need Date in San Diego 2014
 Need NSW aprroval to, GEt on NAB, Visit Chism Field ,SWCC school, and SBT-12
 as the major event.. One Day Probably a Saturday.

Other events Picnic on Silver strand?

 A whole get together at Reunion and VOTE...... if we want to OFFICIALLY form a  Dues paying ASSC.
Like Gamewardens and Swiftboats and SEAL ASSCs.
 This get together will allow  ALL to hear the  pros and cons to be heard and a VOTE on the subject.
IF Passed during That get together Then OFFICERS will have to be elected and basics  By Laws formed

If it DOESN"T PASS No Harm No Fowl.. we still had the 50year NSW Boatguy Reunion!

Re: REUNION OF NSW BOAT UNITs 2014... 50 year reunion

Jim Thomas
What ever it takes.I am not getting younger.  This would be great as I want to meet the Younger Boat Guys,Their history and views means alot to me,as we didn't have the training they go thru nowdays. Thanks, Jim Thomas  BSU 1 Jan,1964
12