RivRons in Bahrain

leesea
The Navy News has posted photos showing RivRon 2 (det not identified) in Mina Sulman, Bahrain.  The stated misison is:

"The boats provide riverine forces with the new capability of operating in littoral waters, as well as the traditional river, or brown water environment. The RIVRON 2 detachment is assigned to Commander, Task Force (CTF) 56, conducting maritime security operations and theater security cooperation efforts in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of responsibility."

Anyone picked up on more about this deployment?  Whatever happened to the riverines which were in Basra, Iraq?  Maybe these are their boats?

Anyway, there are several photos which follow:

RCB u/w

RCB on trailer

RCB crane lift

RCB launch
LCDR SWO MTS all retd now PBR-FVA VP

Re: RivRons in Bahrain

Tim Hare
 I would like to see any RIVRON  pictures and stories from Iraq or any where else.
 I have been out of the loop since '94 and things and times have changed.

Re: RivRons in Bahrain

leesea
Tim there have been dozens of official Navy photos of the RivRons less so in Iraq.  You could start your search on NECC's website though it is not the best news source, the background is all there to bring you up to date
LCDR SWO MTS all retd now PBR-FVA VP