Women stationed at SBU-24 , 1982-1986

Rosey
I was stationed at SBY-24 beginning in Sept 1982.EM2 Lonie Rosekelly.  I guess saying it was a shock to the guys when a woman was stationed there.
was an understatement.  I worked on the boats as an Electrician's Mate, also Engineer on the Mike 8 boat. The only accommodation made for me was when I was initiated by being thrown of the pier is they let me take my boots off because they thought I might be weighted down by them. It was a great command. John Morrow, Jim Sweeney, Mike Euyeda, Mr. Truxell, Mr Keener, to name a few I served with. I was there from 9/82- 7/85.